EVERYONESOMETHING DOESNT WORK WITH THE KEY

1992 Ford Aerostar

George Green 5280

January, 17, 2013 AT 1:11 AM

Hi everyone

Something doesn't work with the key. I put the key in the lock cylinder on the steering column and turn it, and the cylinder turns far enough to be in the normal, engine running position, but it won't turn far enough to engage the starter.

I removed the lock cylinder and tried to turn the part the end of the cylinder fits into with a screwdriver, but no luck.

Help!

January, 17, 2013 AT 1:13 AM

There is a issue with the rack portion of the cylinder. The column has to come apart to see what has failed.

George Green 5280

January, 17, 2013 AT 1:32 AM

Thanks Roy, I'll check into it further.

January, 17, 2013 AT 1:56 AM

Good luck

George Green 5280

January, 21, 2013 AT 5:18 AM

Greetings all.

Thank you for your replies.

I'm going to inspect the steering column more closely soon, and while I'm there, the neutral start switch seems to have gone out too. It seemed like it had a loose connection for a few days. I wiggled the wires going into it and got it to work, but today wiggling the wires didn't work. Could the neutral start switch be causing the problem mentioned in this thread?

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer