MY OVERDRIVE IS NOT WORKING

• Paulfd
  • 1992 EAGLE TALON

I have a 1992 Eagle talon that today on the way into work dropped out of O/D and would not go back in. I was on the freeway and tried manually engaging it with the switch on the shifter and changing between power and economy modes to no effect. There were no other issues before this happened and the transmission went through an complete rebuild a little over 20000 miles ago to include a rebuild on the TCU. Any Ideas what to look for or where to start?

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

• Rasmataz

Scan the Transmission Control module for codes and also inspect the transmission shift lever, overdrive switch and power/economy change over switch-start with these components

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 4:14 AM
  • Paulfd

I know how to check the ECU with a analog meter but I do not know how to check the TCU for codes?

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 10:39 AM
  • 2CarPros Mike
  • 712 POSTS

We are sorry for the delay in answering your question, We have refunded your donation and I hope we are able to help.

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 5:41 PM