MY OVERDRIVE IS NOT WORKING

1992 Eagle Talon

paulfd

December, 28, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

I have a 1992 Eagle talon that today on the way into work dropped out of O/D and would not go back in. I was on the freeway and tried manually engaging it with the switch on the shifter and changing between power and economy modes to no effect. There were no other issues before this happened and the transmission went through an complete rebuild a little over 20000 miles ago to include a rebuild on the TCU. Any Ideas what to look for or where to start?

December, 28, 2012 AT 4:14 AM

Scan the Transmission Control module for codes and also inspect the transmission shift lever, overdrive switch and power/economy change over switch-start with these components

paulfd

December, 28, 2012 AT 10:39 AM

I know how to check the ECU with a analog meter but I do not know how to check the TCU for codes?

2CarPros Mike

December, 28, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

We are sorry for the delay in answering your question, We have refunded your donation and I hope we are able to help.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz