2

1992 Dodge Shadow

Anonymous

November, 15, 2012 AT 9:40 PM

2.2 L 4cylinder automatic transmission. Where is the egr valve located on this model

caradiodoc

November, 16, 2012 AT 5:34 AM

Not all engines had them. Look on the emissions sticker under the hood. That will show its location if there is one.

mariahallen

November, 19, 2012 AT 7:42 PM

That would be all fine and good except for when I bought the car it had been hit by a deer so the hood was crunched. I owned a 1987 Plymouth Sundance that was slowly dying. I took the hood off the Sundance and Put it on the Shadow, so unfortunately the actual hood for the car went to the junk yard with the old car.

caradiodoc

November, 19, 2012 AT 8:02 PM

The only '92 service manual I have is for the minivans but usually the engines are the same on all models. For those with an EGR valve, it is sitting on top of the passenger side of the exhaust manifold, behind the engine. There will be a black plastic disc on top with a vacuum hose going to it. That's the transducer that would be shown on the vacuum diagram.

You can also look on the stickers on cars in the salvage yard.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus