INTERLOCK SYSTEM ADJUSTMENT
Console Shift Models
1. When ignition switch is in LOCK or ACC position, console gearshift lever
should be locked into PARK position. When ignition switch is in OFF or RUN
position, console gearshift lever should be unlocked and moveable. Ignition key
cannot be turned to OFF or ACC position unless shift lever is in PARK position.
2. If ignition switch is binding when turning or cannot be turned to OFF position or
shift lever is difficult to move, console gearshift lever interlock lever requires
3. With gearshift lever in PARK position, remove shift **** retaining screw, and
remove shift **** from shift lever. Leave release button on top of shift lever.
Remove PRNDL plate from console by gently prying upward on all corners using
4. With gearshift lever in PARK position, ensure green plunger on shift lever rod is
in full UP position. See Fig. 2. If green plunger is not in full UP position, adjust
transmission shift linkage/cable. See SHIFT LINKAGE under ADJUSTMENTS
in appropriate TRANSMISSION SERVICING - A/T article in the AUTOMATIC
TRANS SERVICE section.
5. Ensure cable slug is seated into interlock lever. Turn ignition switch to ACC
position. Loosen interlock lever adjusting nut to allow interlock lever tension
spring to center interlock lever on shift bracket assembly. See Fig. 2.
6. Tighten interlock lever adjusting nut to 25 INCH lbs. (3 N.M). Operate ignition
switch and gearshift lever to verify correct adjustment. If adjustment is okay,
install PRNDL plate, shift **** and shift **** retaining screw.
Monday, July 11th, 2011 AT 6:13 PM