IN MY 1992 DAIHATSU FEROZA MANUAL GEAR WHILE ...

1992 Daihatsu Feroza

FAM

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:17 PM

In my 1992 daihatsu feroza manual gear while shifting my gear in reverse it makes a sound as if I am not pressing any clutch?

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:58 PM

If the gears are crashing, it indincates the clutch is not working correctly.
If you are able to shift without crashing when you wait a few seconds after depressing the clutch, it means the disc is not returning quickly enough and that is due to the mainshaft spines lacking lubrication. To rectify would require removal of the transmission.

FAM

March, 7, 2011 AT 10:22 AM

Hey thnx for that but it does that only after the car runs few km and happen only while shifting gear to Reverse. Is the same thing you said or something else.

March, 7, 2011 AT 6:54 PM

Yes, it should be the same thing. If clutch pedal is too low, try adjusting it a little higher and retest.

Next time it occurs, try depressing the clutch for 2 or 3 seconds before shifting to reverse and test if the crashing still occurs.

If it crashes, rlease the clutch pedal, depress it and engage to sny other gear and without releasing the clutch, move geat shift lever to reverse, if it does not crash, it confirms you have a fault with the clutch.

FAM

March, 10, 2011 AT 7:27 AM

Hey buddy,

Will I be able to change my Engine with Daihatsu Rocky and which model will be da best for changing. And is it Legal in UAE.

March, 10, 2011 AT 2:06 PM

Rocky is an older model and has a different engine. They are not interchangeable without modifications. As to whether it is legal, you would have to check locally as I am in no position to comment.

The Feroza uses the same engine as the Charade and Ascend. Ascend has a 1.6 version, so does the newer Ferio.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250