WIPERS STAY ON

• iveya89
  • 1992 Chrysler New Yorker

When I press the fluid button the doors lock and when I turn on the headlights the doors lock this started today the wipers are on the off position and they act like they are on delay and when I turn my headlights on the doors lock and when I press the fluid button the doors lock never had a problem before

Friday, June 1st, 2012 AT 1:51 AM

• caradiodoc

Look on the floor under the dash for the Body Computer. Remove the connector, (on the left side as I recall), and check for the presence of corrosion between any of the pins. Clean it out if there is any.

Friday, June 1st, 2012 AT 2:55 AM
  • iveya89

How about the over head message center it does not turn on the reading lights work but thats it I checked all the fuses

Friday, June 1st, 2012 AT 3:20 AM
  • caradiodoc

Can't help you with that right off the top of my head. I wanted that in my '93 Dynasty when I ordered it but it wasn't available. The best I can suggest is to take it down and check for 12 volts on at least one wire when the ignition switch is turned on. If the display goes on and off intermittently, I repair a lot of car radios for that and I might be able to find the same cause on that module. Beyond that I would have to find a service manual to figure out what to have you test.

Friday, June 1st, 2012 AT 5:55 AM