My car is a Mark III Conversion with 350 engine.
Problem: When I plugged my GPS into the cigarette lighter, I heard a fuse blow. Checked the fuse box and all fuses are OK.
However, interior lights, cigarette lighter, and radio are now disfunctional.
When I measured the voltage for the 10A radio fuse, the readout on the meter was only 5.3V. Shouldn't that be at least 13V?
Where else can I check for blown fuses? Or could it be that the relais blew up? I pulled it and couldn't see any damage.
Did anybody else have this problem and can help me out here?
Hope you get an answer 'cause my '92 GMC Rally van has the same problem- no radio, no dome light, no cigarette lighter and my battery keeps draining down. UGH!
I also am having problems with my fusible links. My one link keeps blowing upon starting of van. I must have a short somewhere.
December, 2, 2012 AT 11:20 PM
My problem is solved. All that stuff is hooked up to the horn-fuse (30Amps). The cigarette light had a short which (of course) blew the fuse. However, it was very hard to see that the fuse was blown. Changed the cig-lighter and everything works now.
December, 3, 2012 AT 1:00 AM
Great news bando1de. Glad you fixed it and payed it forward cause I found my horn fuse was fried too(20 amp). I still need to do a parasitic drain test but this at least gets me to and from work this week until I can work on my van again next weekend. Thanks for the tip.