My car is a Mark III Conversion with 350 engine

BANDO1DE
  • 1992 CHEVROLET VAN

My car is a Mark III Conversion with 350 engine.
Problem: When I plugged my GPS into the cigarette lighter, I heard a fuse blow. Checked the fuse box and all fuses are OK.
However, interior lights, cigarette lighter, and radio are now disfunctional.
When I measured the voltage for the 10A radio fuse, the readout on the meter was only 5.3V. Shouldn't that be at least 13V?

Where else can I check for blown fuses? Or could it be that the relais blew up? I pulled it and couldn't see any damage.
Did anybody else have this problem and can help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 29th, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

YANGO44

Bando1de
Hope you get an answer 'cause my '92 GMC Rally van has the same problem- no radio, no dome light, no cigarette lighter and my battery keeps draining down. UGH!
I also am having problems with my fusible links. My one link keeps blowing upon starting of van. I must have a short somewhere.

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 AT 11:07 PM
BANDO1DE

My problem is solved. All that stuff is hooked up to the horn-fuse (30Amps). The cigarette light had a short which (of course) blew the fuse. However, it was very hard to see that the fuse was blown. Changed the cig-lighter and everything works now.

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 AT 11:20 PM
YANGO44

Great news bando1de. Glad you fixed it and payed it forward cause I found my horn fuse was fried too(20 amp). I still need to do a parasitic drain test but this at least gets me to and from work this week until I can work on my van again next weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 AT 1:00 AM