IM INTERESTED IN BUYING A 1992 CHEVY CAPRICE ...

1992 Chevrolet Caprice

kevinloken

November, 13, 2012 AT 5:27 AM

Im interested in buying a 1992 chevy caprice classic 305 v8 has 165,000 kms the lady is 86 yrs old all she said was wrong with car was when driving it would have a hard time going faster then 35 km/h could this be something major wrong? A few friends told me it could be something simple such as a clogged fuel filter? Or can this be something majorly wrong with tranny and if so are they expensive for a caprice?I need to know asap thanks

November, 13, 2012 AT 5:51 AM

Could be a fuel filter and pick-up sock in fuel tank is clogged-up, exhaust system is restricted and transmission slipping-Dunno about prices it varies with location-check with tranny shops-

kevinloken

November, 13, 2012 AT 7:39 AM

Thank u very much ill have to drive the 2 hrs and get car to a mechanic and see what they say is there anyways of my just trying car in any gear to tell if tranny is slipping? Or exhaust restricted sorry for dumb question lol

November, 13, 2012 AT 8:56 AM

Make sure the engine is fully warmed-up and then check transmission fluid level if okay put shift gear in all gears a couple times and then attempt to move it-won't move have it further checked out-

Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250