HAY HOWS IT GOING GENTS

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood

TIMELESS CLASSICS.

November, 5, 2012 AT 7:50 AM

Hay hows it going gents. I have a problem thats bin persisting for about a year. I have a 1992 cadillac fleetwood brougham de elegance with a 350 tbi 5.7L with 75,353 original miles. The problem is that I start the car it idles fine then I put it into revers and it starts to stall, it feels like its running out of gas but then it evens out and its ok, then another three times then it shuts off. If I go from park to drive it will do it once twice then off or it will balence out and stay on. I started to check the hoses found some that needed to be replaced so I replaced them and it got better, but still no trophy. Then I checked the sensors and found out that the iac valve was not working, unplugged it and it ran the same used a tester on the plug and im geting power to the plug. So I changed the iac valve and it ran better but no cigar. Now I can drive and stop at a stop and waight but the tring to stall is less in revers an drive but it still happens. I can feel that im close to fix this problem and im close to just taking it to the dealer for them to diagnose it then I can fix it but I think with a lil help I can fix this right. Will apreciate all the help ican get thanx in advance.

November, 5, 2012 AT 12:18 PM

Check the base gasket on the throttle body. Common failure for vacuum leaks.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro