KEY FOB DOES NOT WORK I PUT IN NEW BAT

1992 Cadillac El Dorado

Anonymous

December, 24, 2012 AT 6:39 PM

Key fob does not work I put in new bat

Cant Get A Remote To Work

1 IMAGE

Remote Start

December, 24, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

Before starting this procedure, BOTH transmitters must be present. Failure to use both transmitters will render the RKE system inoperative. (If the customer uses only one transmitter on the vehicle, use this transmitter as transmitter 1 and 2: This is not the normal situation.)

The entire reprogramming sequence must be completed within 30 seconds of grounding the reprogramming connector (Step # 2 below). If the procedure is not completed, remove the ground at the connector and restart the procedure from step (1) one.

Ignition 'ON'.
Ground black single wire connector located at trunk pull down unit.
Wait for door locks to lock and unlock (Should take two seconds).
Press the 'Unlock' button on the first transmitter twice (Pause for one second between presses).
Press the 'Unlock' button on the second transmitter twice (Pause for one second between presses).
Remove ground from black connector.
After programming sequence is done verify proper operation of all functions on both transmitters.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011