A/C HEATER BLOWER MOTOR TROUBLE

• tristanrbenson
  • 1992 Cadillac El Dorado

Hi I am having trouble with my 1992 eldorado a/c heater blower(no air flow hot or cold through the front vents). The blower for the rear vents is working fine. I checked the fuses(1 40 amp maxi and 1 10 amp fuse under the hood both look good. I hooked the front blower directly to the battery and it turns on and runs. Im sure the climate control panel works because when I push warmer or colder I can hear and see the air door open and shut. I removed the resistor(next to the blower motor on the fire wall) and there is no visible damage so I am stuck please help?

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 5:32 AM

• KHLow2008

Attachd is the schematic, see if you can make anything out of it.

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 7:46 AM
  • cadieman

U will needto replace the hvac blower module.

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 12:20 PM
  • Wrenchtech

[quote]i removed the resistor(next to the blower motor on the fire wall) [/quote]

Resister? That car doesn't have a resister. It has a blower speed control module that is likely your problem as Cadieman pointed out.

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 1:23 PM
  • cadieman

ITS LOCATED ON THE FIRE WALL UNDER THE PASTIC PANEL. IT SCREWS IN THE TOP OF THE A/C CASE

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 AT 1:37 PM