I AM TRYING TO PUT AN AFTERMARKET RADIO IN MY ...

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

January, 12, 2013 AT 3:23 AM

Hi I am trying to put an aftermarket radio in my 1992 cadillac deville. I disconnected the old radio and tried using the wiring harness I bought that is suppose to fit the car. Their is one clip that does not slide in the connector. The wires in that connector is orange black wire and purple white wire. Here is the pictures. Do I need these two wires for the new radio. Thanks

caradiodoc

January, 12, 2013 AT 4:01 AM

That plug is not needed. I never use it on my test bench. You need the two four-wire plugs, (those are for the four speakers), and the other larger plug. That one has the memory and the switched power wires, the display dimming and the back lighting that you probably won't use, and the power antenna / amp turn-on wire.

sean03

January, 12, 2013 AT 4:16 AM

So what you are saying is that I can you the new harness. I don't need to worry about the one not plugging right. If that is right I will wire the uniting the rest of the way. Thanks.

caradiodoc

January, 12, 2013 AT 6:54 AM

The wires in that last plug are for the speed-sensitive volume in the original radio. They're tied to the data buss the many computers use to communicate with each other. Your new radio doesn't use them and doesn't talk on the data buss.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe