BLEEDER SCREW

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

May, 31, 2012 AT 9:53 PM

My bleeder screw on my 1992 cadillac deville was stripped and it was frozen. I finally got it to come out with the problem is on the very bottom of the screw the bottom cap came off. I cant get it out so I put the new screw in and I pushed the brake pedal down and the fluid came out of the new bleeder screw. Does it matter if that is still in it. Here are some pictures that will help you. Is their a way of getting it out. Thanks.

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 10:41 PM

So there is still part of the bleeder screw stuck in the threads of the caliper?

sean03

May, 31, 2012 AT 10:57 PM

You see the one that has a black hole and then see the other with the silver circle. The little tiny silver piece is stuck down in the caliper. The one with the black is the one I am talking about. The little silver piece is burried all the way at the bottom of the caliper.

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 11:04 PM

If it were my car or a customers car I would replace the caliper.I really doubt after all the trouble you went thru removing the bleeder that your getting that piece out.

sean03

May, 31, 2012 AT 11:32 PM

Is it safe to drive it because I bleed the brakes and fluid did come out. Do you thhink if I used compressed air to blow it out would it maybe come out. Thanks.

saturntech9

June, 1, 2012 AT 1:24 AM

So there is no threads on it?If its just floating around in there I would worry about it cutting the caliper piston seal.

sean03

June, 1, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

Ok yeah it is just sitting at the bottom of the caliper

saturntech9

June, 1, 2012 AT 3:07 AM

If I couldnt get it out I would replace the caliper. You can do what you want you have my opion on it.

sean03

June, 1, 2012 AT 12:30 PM

Yeah I am going to replace the caliper. It is only 16 dollars which isnt bad. Thanks

saturntech9

June, 1, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

Your welcome for 16 I wouldnt even think about not replacing especially since its your brakes.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet