I HAD TAKEN THE FOUR TORX BOLTS OFF OF MY CAR

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

May, 1, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

I had taken the four torx bolts off of my car. I am not sure what it is called. But anyways when you take the drum off and then remove all the parts. These four bolts are mounted on the the back. To describe it is the piece that holds the tire on and the drum. It is the piece that you screw the lugnuts to. I took the bolts out but now somehow it moved and I have tried to heat and have hit it with a hammer to move and I have tried to put wd40 and liquid wrench on it but it and tried to pull it to line up. It still wont line up. Any suggestions. If need be I can take pictures and show you what I am talking about. Thanks.

promechanic

May, 1, 2012 AT 7:50 PM

Pictures would be good. I can't really picture what you are talking about.

sean03

May, 1, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

Here are the pics I took. The last two are better the last picture is what I am talking about that moved. Thanks.

promechanic

May, 1, 2012 AT 8:40 PM

OK, now I see what you are talking about. Hmmm. This should not be a hard piece to move. It's pretty much just the hub and it should not be super hard to move. If it were me I would get a long punch with a tapered end and try to align it using the punch. Be very careful not to booger up any of the threads.

sean03

May, 1, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

Ok thanks.

mhpautos

May, 3, 2012 AT 7:30 AM

Just be careful applying heat as you could damage the axle bearing oil seal.

sean03

May, 3, 2012 AT 8:04 PM

I used mapp gas to heat it up. It never got cherry rid and I would leave it on their for a few seconds. Does the 1992 Cadillac deville have an axle bearing oil seal. I have checked everywhere and can't find one at the stores. Also how hard is it to replace it. Also how would I know of it went bad. Thanks. How much does the seal usually cost and where could I get one at. Thanks.

Wheel Stud Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Replace Tie Rod End
Upper Control Arm Replacement