RUN FINE IN THE MORNINGS

1992 Acura Vigor

2CarPros-Archives

October, 10, 2010 AT 1:30 AM

I have a 1992 Automatic Acura Vigor with around 138,000 miles on it that has issues starting. Typically it will start and run fine in the mornings and the evenings but not so much during the day. However it will go through spurts of starting for a few days then one day it will switch and will not start. When it doesn't start it will typically have to sit there for a few hours before starting again. I have taken the car to three mechanics and they cannot solve the problem. They have checked the car on the computer and nothing. What could possibly be the problem as I typically leave the car on instead of turning it off to go into a store? Also, the area where the muffler is connected has rusted through so what is the expected cost of having this repaired? Please keep in mind my knowledge of cars is very limited. Thanks

2CarPros-Archives

October, 10, 2010 AT 1:32 AM

Did your mechanics check the EFI relay for bad connections or replacement. I would start with that. On the exhaust, I would call the local muffler shop to get an estimate of cost.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang