WHY IS MY OIL LIGHT ON?

• ericahoward
  • 1992 Acura Integra

My oil light is flashing but the pressure is fine I have a new sending unit and the bearings were replaced im assuming since the pressure is fine the pump is okay as well. What else should I check?

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

• hmac300

Put a manual gauge on this to make sure you have good pressure. Then if it's ok replace the pressure switch. This cold be a bad oil filter as they cause this sometimes.

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 AT 10:49 PM
  • KHLow2008

While replacing the bearings, the oil strainer had to be removed. If you do not have sufficient pressure then that is where you should be looking at, the strainer and its gasket.

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 AT 10:55 PM
  • ericahoward

The oil pick up tube was cleaned th gasket is new and I've already replaced the sending unit pressure switch I was told it could be my icu considering I have a few other electrical problems

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 4:55 PM
  • hmac300

Next time list all your electrical problems as one could create the other problem.

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 5:58 PM