WHY IS MY OIL LIGHT ON?

1992 Acura Integra

ericahoward

August, 21, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

My oil light is flashing but the pressure is fine I have a new sending unit and the bearings were replaced im assuming since the pressure is fine the pump is okay as well. What else should I check?

hmac300

August, 21, 2012 AT 10:49 PM

Put a manual gauge on this to make sure you have good pressure. Then if it's ok replace the pressure switch. This cold be a bad oil filter as they cause this sometimes.

August, 21, 2012 AT 10:55 PM

While replacing the bearings, the oil strainer had to be removed. If you do not have sufficient pressure then that is where you should be looking at, the strainer and its gasket.

ericahoward

August, 22, 2012 AT 4:55 PM

The oil pick up tube was cleaned th gasket is new and I've already replaced the sending unit pressure switch I was told it could be my icu considering I have a few other electrical problems

hmac300

August, 22, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

Next time list all your electrical problems as one could create the other problem.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio