WHERE IS THE HEATER VACUUM CONTROL VALVE

1991 Toyota Paseo

rato

July, 8, 2012 AT 5:30 AM

No heater working. All pipes and radiators clean, water flows freely through heater. Fans speeds ok

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:18 PM

If the water is flowing freely through the core, ten the valve, which I do not see in the diagram, is working.

Did you change the thermostat? The blend door may not be working correctly.

rato

July, 9, 2012 AT 7:34 AM

The door is free?Electricaly driven?Relay and fuses ok pipes all clear radiators all clear I have bled system many times. Coolantvery good theomostat not changed and engine temp normal. Is there a valve or any thing in the water system that works with suction valve. The RHS metal pipe of the heater very hot but LHS metal pipe is not so hot. Also cannot get revs to 800 toyota cannot fix it 5e-fhe engine auto 1500cc

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:22 PM

The heater valve is mechanically operated and if the cable adjustment is out, it woult not operated corretly. Likewise the air-mix is also cable driven.

At firewall in engine compartment you would see a valve at the heater inlet pipe. Attached to it is a cable. Check if it is moving when heater is operated.

You mentioned not being able to get the revs to 800, do you mean the idling speed? What is it reading now?

rato

July, 10, 2012 AT 6:50 AM

Hi, thanks for your help, but I cannot find any cable(there is a metal little shaft where a cable should be attached to but it moves as the ele motor drives the TEMP adjustment butterfly ) or valve inside the car or in the engine bay for the heater. Hot ---cold button slides left to right, it conrtols ele motor that moves the butterfly slowly ie. Heat adjustment, I can hear it open and clearly shut. No manual in New Zealand please send pictures buy e-mail thanks it is -1 degree in the morning

July, 10, 2012 AT 1:31 PM

Those in our database indicates cable operated. Since the valve is opening correctly and you mentioned one hot and one not as hot hose, are you refering to the two going into the firewall? If yes, the
coolant flow has restriction through the heater core.

The temp adjustment butterfly, are you refering to the one in engine compartment?

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911