PUSHING TOO MUCH FUEL TO THE #1 CYLINDER?

1991 Subaru Legacy

tpetersen

October, 6, 2012 AT 5:13 PM

I have a 1991 Subaru Legacy Wagon XT without Turbo and 158,000 miles. We bought it used and have had a hard time getting everything fixed. We have replaced the head gaskets, milled the heads (of course) new – timing belt, radiator, battery, engine belts, plug wires, plugs, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, oil, filter, fuel filter, alternator etc.

The car is smoking white (heavily). It starts lightly when first started and gets progressively worse and it runs. Coolant level is steady, engine does not overheat, engine idles and runs fine, but the number one cylinder plug is whet with fuel and when I turn it over without the plug in fuel blows out of the number one cylinder. I have spark at the plug. This was what led me to replace the fuel pressure sensor and put a brand new injector in the #1 cylinder, but it is still doing it. Any ideas?

October, 6, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

You need to check the wire from injector to engine computer for shorting. Try unplugging the injectr wire to see if fuel is being pushed out as well.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang