WHY WON'T MY WINDOWS WORK?

1991 SAAB 900

Scott Morning

March, 23, 2012 AT 12:58 AM

I have a 1991 Saab 900. The sunroof was sticky so I puller out the little brick between the front seats containing the switches for the windows and the sunroof. It's all one unit. I opened it up to spray some contact cleaner on the switch and the springs came out. I had them put back in a by a Saab mechanic, but now niether of the windows work, only the sunroof. Did I burn the switch out? There don't appear to be fuses for the windows under the hood and I check all of the fuses. None were blown. What could this be? Thanks!

Scott

Jacobandnickolas

March, 23, 2012 AT 1:29 AM

Start by making sure there is power to the switch.

Scott Morning

March, 23, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

How do I do that? Also, there does not appear to be a fuse for this. The windows worked just fine before all of this. Incredibly frustrating.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 23, 2012 AT 2:05 AM

There has to be a power supply to the switch. Also, all electrical components are fused.

Scott Morning

March, 23, 2012 AT 2:12 AM

Any idea where that fuse might be? The pannel doesn't list power windows or sunroof, all the fuses are intact, and the sunroof myteriously works. Where would I look for the power?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 23, 2012 AT 2:15 AM

I don't have the manual to look. If you have the owner's manual, it should have that info for you.

Scott Morning

March, 23, 2012 AT 2:18 AM

That's the unfortunate part. Didn't come with the manual. Ugh. SOL, I guess.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz