GTA, STARTER?

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

bradronchetto

December, 7, 2010 AT 6:20 AM

I have a 1991 pontiac gta, it has about 101,000 miles and is due for a tune up, I have been having some issues with it starting for a couple weeks now somtimes it would start right up and other times I would have to try turning the key a couple times before it would turn over at all, the other day I went out to start it and nothing happend I brought the battery in today too see if it was good and it was not, so I bought a new one threw it in and all my electrics work I turn the key and hear the fuel pump turning on but the darn thing does not turn over, nothing happens I cant hear the starter clicking at all I was wondering if I should replace it? Or if I could rebuild it I am a mechanic just not a car mechanic I work on helicopters its a big difference haha

mhpautos

December, 7, 2010 AT 8:00 AM

Starter contacts will problery need replacing, but the entire started should really be checked out and overhauled at the same time.

oleschoolfool

December, 8, 2010 AT 4:59 PM

Are there two big wires at the positive side of the battery if so one may not be connecting. Make sure all connections at battery and where they go are good.

Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006