BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
1991 Pontiac Sunbird
How do you remove thermostat from a 1991 pontiac sunbird le 4 cylinder 2.0?
Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 11:34 PM
The thermostat is located inside a housing on the back of the cylinder head. It is not necessary to remove the radiator hose from the thermostat housing when removing the thermostat.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Properly drain the cooling system into an approved container.
3. Remove the air cleaner.
4. On some models it may be necessary to disconnect the A.I.R. Pipe at the upper check valve and the bracket at the water outlet.
5. Disconnect the electrical lead.
6. Remove the two retaining bolts from the thermostat housing and lift up the housing with the house attached. Lift out the thermostat. Clean the mating surfaces.
7. Apply a 1 / 8 in. (3mm) bead of silicone sealer to the housing mating surface.
8. Place the thermostat, with the power element down, in housing, then install the water outlet while the sealer is still wet. Tighten the housing retaining bolts to 6 ft. Lbs. (8 Nm).
9. Connect the electrical lead.
10. If applicable, attach the A.I.R. Pipe at the check valve and bracket at the water outlet.
11. Install the air cleaner.
12. Fill the cooling system to the proper level, using the correct type of fluid.
13. Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for coolant leaks.
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 4:46 PM
to post a reply.
2007 Pontiac G6 How Do I Replace My Thermostat ...
Engine performance problem 2007 pontiac g6 6 cyl all wheel drive automatic 62000 miles how do i replace my thermostat on my 2007
2000 Pontiac Montana Changing A Thermostat
Engine cooling problem 2000 pontiac montana 6 cyl all wheel drive automatic 145000 miles how do you change a thermostat in this ve
1997 Pontiac Grand Am Changing The Thermostat
Engine cooling problem 1997 pontiac grand am 4 cyl front wheel drive manual my thermostat is leaking coolant i want to change it
Where is the thermostat on a 95 pontiac grand am 2 3 and how do we get to it are there things we need to take off first
Found 1,133 related questions
1996 Pontiac Transport Changing The Thermostat
Service Engine Light Came On.. Diagnosti
c Said Replace Therm
Manuals and Instructions
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Find a car manual for your car
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Need To Replace Your Engine Thermostat? Do It Like A Pro
Engine Overheating? Fix It Like The Pros
Got An Engine Coolant Leak? See How The Pros Would Fix It
Cooling System Pressure Test For Leaks
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.