BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
1991 Pontiac Sunbird
January, 31, 2011 AT 11:34 PM
How do you remove thermostat from a 1991 pontiac sunbird le 4 cylinder 2.0?
FOUND 1831 RELATED QUESTIONS
February, 18, 2011 AT 4:46 PM
The thermostat is located inside a housing on the back of the cylinder head. It is not necessary to remove the radiator hose from the thermostat housing when removing the thermostat.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Properly drain the cooling system into an approved container.
3. Remove the air cleaner.
4. On some models it may be necessary to disconnect the A.I.R. Pipe at the upper check valve and the bracket at the water outlet.
5. Disconnect the electrical lead.
6. Remove the two retaining bolts from the thermostat housing and lift up the housing with the house attached. Lift out the thermostat. Clean the mating surfaces.
7. Apply a 1 / 8 in. (3mm) bead of silicone sealer to the housing mating surface.
8. Place the thermostat, with the power element down, in housing, then install the water outlet while the sealer is still wet. Tighten the housing retaining bolts to 6 ft. Lbs. (8 Nm).
9. Connect the electrical lead.
10. If applicable, attach the A.I.R. Pipe at the check valve and bracket at the water outlet.
11. Install the air cleaner.
12. Fill the cooling system to the proper level, using the correct type of fluid.
13. Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for coolant leaks.
to post a reply.
Do I Have To Drain The Antifreeze In Order To ...
Ect sensor needs replaced
Engine cooling problem 2003 dodge ram v8 four wheel drive automatic 125500 miles thanks agn if t stat sticks will pressure build
I have a 95 ranger 2 3 l and i'm having trouble getting the thermostat installed a little history my son was driving it when he saw
Need To Replace Your Engine Thermostat? Do It Like A Pro
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Engine Overheating? Fix It Like The Pros
Got An Engine Coolant Leak? See How The Pros Would Fix It
Car Heater Not Working? Fix It Like The Pros
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.