I GET IN MY CAR AT ANY GIVEN POINT OF THE DAY ...

• Murdawg1971
  • 1991 PONTIAC SUNBIRD

I get in my car at any given point of the day and drive it around town doing different things, after a bit when I stop at a light my check guages light will flash continusly, when the light turns green, I proceed the check gauges light goes out. Now say I drive to the mall, put it in park the check guages light starts to flash, I looked at the gauges and the oil needle is on the other side of the the little stop pin at 0 pressure. What would cause this to happen.

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 2:42 AM

• Hmac300

Check your engine oil first, then have it scanned for codes. When was the last oil change/filter done?

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 AT 3:41 PM
  • Murdawg1971

I can't scsn my car its an obd1, oil was last changed about 1.5 months ago, I do it regulary as I work at a quick lube shop. I am told that my flashing check gauges light is sending me a code but I have no idea as to what it is, this is how it flashes- - - flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, and son on.

Thursday, January 10th, 2013 AT 6:21 PM
  • Hmac300

Cross the a&b on the al dl with apaper clip. Turn tehkey on and the light will flash once 3 times then twice 3 times that is code 12 then watch for other flashes an dwrite down codes. You can go to trouble codes on site an dlook unde r obd1 it will tell you what part to look at.

Thursday, January 10th, 2013 AT 8:02 PM
  • Murdawg1971

Hi there I dont quite understand what you are telling me here, ( cross the a&b on the al dl with apaper clip.) Not making sense to me, sorry.

Friday, January 11th, 2013 AT 8:50 PM
  • Hmac300

At the aldl it's a little plastic connector for scan tools belwo steering & dash there will be amark Q B cd etc.

Friday, January 11th, 2013 AT 9:30 PM
  • Murdawg1971

Hi there why would I be smelling coolant every time I turn on my heater.

Friday, December 6th, 2013 AT 6:10 AM
  • Hmac300

Because the heater core is probably leaking.

Friday, December 6th, 2013 AT 6:50 AM