I HAVE A 1991 FIREBIRD WITH A 305 IN IT IT WONT ...

1991 Pontiac Firebird

Anonymous

November, 11, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

I HAVE A 1991 FIREBIRD WITH A 305 IN IT, IT WONT START IT HAS BEEN SITTING FOR A YEAR AND WHEEN YOU TURN THE KEY YOU DONT HEAR ANYTHING FROM THE FUEL PUMP. BEFORE REPLACING THE FUEL PUMP WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE SURE WE HAVE FOUND THE RELAY IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND WERE TOLD THERE WAS A FUSE THAT IS NOT LOCATED IN THE FUSE BOX WHEE IS THAT FUSE? AND IS THERE A RESET BUTTON FOR A FIREBIRD LIKE THE OLDER FORDS HAVE THAT WILL SHUT OFF THE FUEL FLOW, IF WE PUT GAS IN THE CARBORATER IT STARTS RIGHT UP. WHAT WOULD BE MY OPTIONS HERE BEFORE ACTUALLY REPLACING THE PUMP?

November, 11, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

Check for power to the pump first. If there is power, then the pump has seized.

There is no re set for the pump.

DENIMBLU4U@GMAIL.COM

November, 11, 2012 AT 12:38 AM

Thats what we are trying to do. What are the options for checking for power to the pump I e the relay? The fuse? (Where is it) etc?

November, 11, 2012 AT 12:50 AM

Check the connector at the pump first. If there is no power, then go back to the fuse box. The fuse may be back at the right front headlight in a holder.

cadieman

November, 11, 2012 AT 4:07 AM

Siphon the gas from the tank and check it. This gas is old and I cannot be used. You may have to take the fuel tank out and drain all the bad fuel out and replace the pump. Use a bottle of Lucas fuel system cleaner. It will help clean out the lines and the injectors. Cars that sit always need a lot of parts replaced to get the car running right.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test