REAR BREAK LIGHTS NOT WORKING... -RANDOM

1991 Peugeot 405

rwinkler

July, 25, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

Hi. I have to admit that I'm useless with sorting out car issues. So hopefully you can give me a hand.

I have a peugeot 405 - 1991. In the morning when I start my car, I push the break pedals (gently) and all the breaking lights work. When I start to reverse I gently press the breaks again. And NONE of the breaking lights work. I drive forward, use the breaks gently and NO lights. This issue lasts for couple of minutes. After this, everything is normal again. What could be the reasson for this random issue to happen?

I went to see my mechanic and he checked the switch that controls the breaking lights (the one clsoe to the pedal) and lubricated it. Well that is what he told me. Any ideas? Thank you!

July, 25, 2012 AT 9:24 PM

Replace the switch. It controls your lights.

rwinkler

July, 25, 2012 AT 9:50 PM

OK thanks, will try that

July, 25, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

Good luck

rwinkler

August, 7, 2012 AT 12:32 AM

It has been a week since I replace it and I haven; t experience the problem again. Thanks for your help!

Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta