REAR BREAK LIGHTS NOT WORKING... -RANDOM

• rwinkler
  • 1991 Peugeot 405

Hi. I have to admit that I'm useless with sorting out car issues. So hopefully you can give me a hand.

I have a peugeot 405 - 1991. In the morning when I start my car, I push the break pedals (gently) and all the breaking lights work. When I start to reverse I gently press the breaks again. And NONE of the breaking lights work. I drive forward, use the breaks gently and NO lights. This issue lasts for couple of minutes. After this, everything is normal again. What could be the reasson for this random issue to happen?

I went to see my mechanic and he checked the switch that controls the breaking lights (the one clsoe to the pedal) and lubricated it. Well that is what he told me. Any ideas? Thank you!

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Replace the switch. It controls your lights.

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 AT 9:24 PM
  • rwinkler

OK thanks, will try that

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 AT 9:50 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Good luck

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 AT 10:39 PM
  • rwinkler

It has been a week since I replace it and I haven; t experience the problem again. Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 AT 12:32 AM