SOMETIMES IT DOES NOTHING

• sue mattson
  • 1991 Nissan Pathfinder

Just got a 1991 pathfinder. Sometimes it starts right up sometimes it does nothing and sometimes it just clicks. One person said it might be the neutral safety switch. Another said I needed a booster for my battery. Another said I needed to replace the starter, but it seems to work fine.

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 AT 10:41 PM

• rasmataz

Go to this walk thru link:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 AT 10:52 PM
  • skint knuckles

Hello Sue, I have the exact make and year of Pathfinder with the EXACT issue you described. What did you end up learning? My wife and I really thank you if you can reply. I was fixing to yank off the starter to get it tested but now I cant get it to fail after 30 + attempts. Last night it would just click once left us stuck at the gas pumps. Went back this AM and now seems perfect? Occasionally over the last month or so it would click 1 -2 times then start on the 3rd. Thank u - homeandlawn@gmail. Com

Sunday, May 13th, 2012 AT 4:48 PM