BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
1991 NISSAN MAXIMA
How to put in a 91 nissan maxima 5 speed front right axle in?
have the same problem?
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 3:38 AM
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
FWD AXLE SHAFT
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheel and tire. Remove disc brake caliper and suspend from body.
DO NOT allow caliper to hang by hydraulic hose.
2. Pry cotter pin from outboard hub. Remove wheel hub nut from end of drive axle. Separate tie rod end from steering knuckle.
3. Remove lower ball joint securing bolts and separate ball joint from lower control arm. Remove axle shaft from steering knuckle hub using a soft mallet.
4. Remove bolts securing right axle shaft to support bearing retainer. Remove right axle shaft from transaxle.
5. Reverse procedure for installation.
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 12:14 PM
to post a reply.
Other Differential Axle Questions
I Have A 1994 Nissan, Altima And I Put A New Passenger Side Drive Axel In & Now I Have No Reverse & Jumps Going Down The Road And Feels...
Hi I Was Hoping You Could Tell Me Would A 1997 Rear...
Hi I Was Hoping You Could Tell Me Would A 1997 Rear Axle For A Nissan Micra Be Compaitable With The Year 2000 Nissan Micra Thanks
Front Drive Axle Vacuum Actuator Solenoid Valve?
I Have A 2000 Gmc Jimmy 4x4 The Vacuum Actuator Solenoid Valve Hoses Are Disconnected And Dry Rotted. I Can Not Find A Diagram Where These...
Cannot Pull Drive Axle
I Cannot Pull Drive Axle On 2002 Mazda Mpv.
Related Differential Axle Questions
2000 Nissan Altima Axle Passenger Side
Rear Axle Fluid Weight
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Add Differential Gear Oil
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.