BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
1991 NISSAN MAXIMA
How to put in a 91 nissan maxima 5 speed front right axle in?
have the same problem?
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 3:38 AM
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
FWD AXLE SHAFT
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheel and tire. Remove disc brake caliper and suspend from body.
DO NOT allow caliper to hang by hydraulic hose.
2. Pry cotter pin from outboard hub. Remove wheel hub nut from end of drive axle. Separate tie rod end from steering knuckle.
3. Remove lower ball joint securing bolts and separate ball joint from lower control arm. Remove axle shaft from steering knuckle hub using a soft mallet.
4. Remove bolts securing right axle shaft to support bearing retainer. Remove right axle shaft from transaxle.
5. Reverse procedure for installation.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 12:14 PM
to post a reply.
Related Differential Axle Questions
1991 Nissan Maxima
Transmission Problem 1991 Nissan Maxima 6 Cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 218202 Miles Does A Manual Transmission Holds Transmission Fluid...
2005 Nissan Maxima Transmission Fluid
Transmission Problem 2005 Nissan Maxima 6 Cyl Automatic 40.000 Miles How Many Litter Or Gallon Of Teansmisson Oil I Shoud Put
I Have A 1996 Nissan Maxima 3.0l W Auto Transmission, 150,000 Miles, Which Shifts Into 2nd Only When The Engine Has Rev'd To 3500rpm. Any...
1999 Nissan Maxima How Much Tranny Oil Goes Into A...
Transmission Problem 1999 Nissan Maxima 6 Cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 20600 Miles How Much Tranny Oil Goes Into A Transmission And Is...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.