I WAS DRIVING WHEN A HICCUP OF SORTS SHUT ...

1991 Nissan Hardbody

tufflilhrdbdy

November, 18, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

I was driving when a hiccup of sorts shut everything down for a split second. The truck kept running and headlights were still on when I noticed no tail, stop, or turn. Also no gauges, dash lights, horn, a/c, stereo nothing. Truck still starts and runs and headlights and wipers are the only things that work.

November, 18, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

Check the fusible links and check for loose wire connectors.

tufflilhrdbdy

November, 19, 2012 AT 3:53 AM

Are the fusible links the 3 small pink wires on + side battery cable. Where can I find a pic of these?

November, 19, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

Yes they are. Sorry I don't have any pictures for you. You would need a test light or DVOM to perform tests.

tufflilhrdbdy

November, 20, 2012 AT 1:52 AM

Fusible links have continuity, measured with a volt meter. Someone said headlight switch? I could see that for the lighting probs, but what about the other things?

November, 20, 2012 AT 12:27 PM

Are you getting voltage to them? Are the voltage getting to the headlight and ignition switches?

tufflilhrdbdy

November, 28, 2012 AT 2:19 PM

Found where the next problem. The second fusible link. The main power ( fat white wire) going to inside fuse box has dead short. Now I need to figure out where or what else this feeds. The second smaller white w/red stripe feeds ignition power and that seems to work fine.

November, 28, 2012 AT 3:31 PM

The color don't seem to match what I have here.

Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic