2 + 2 NON TURBO IDLING ROUGH

1991 Nissan 300ZX

wendigo79

April, 15, 2012 AT 12:58 PM

. The known issues are; No 4 injector is dead, slow oil leak in head gasket and oil pan gasket. I've noticed a problem that has slowly gotten worse. The idle has been getting rougher and rougher, as well as the oil

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:06 PM

Who checked these for you? Is the injector working at anytime? Does it have power and is the computer grounding the ground side?

wendigo79

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:10 PM

I believe it is getting power. I took it to a diagnostics shop recommended by a friend. Honestly not sure about the grounding.

wendigo79

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:11 PM

The shop is ACA automotive in long beach ca. Btw

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:16 PM

Well, then you need the injector replaced. It is pricy but I would verify compression, plug and wires are working correctly.

As far as the head gasket oil leak, common in the older nissans. That too is very pricy.

Did not see the last part of your listing.

The injector is about 150 labor is 1.5 hours

the gasket set is 129 and about 8 hours in labor for the headgasket.

wendigo79

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:25 PM

Ah, the question I'm posting is a combined rough idle and drop in oil pressure. The oil pressure drop has become progressively worse over the last week. Today it was just above 0.

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:35 PM

Not good, first have it verified with a manual pressure gaugeto make sure the reading is correct. If it is, then it may be a bad oil pump or worn out main and rod bearings. If the pressure is ok, then the sender unit may be bad.

As far as the roughness, getting the cylinder to work again will stop that.

wendigo79

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:38 PM

Great, thanks man.
When I run the tests and either fix or get the problem fixed I'll post an update.

April, 15, 2012 AT 1:47 PM

Good luck

jackre94

October, 24, 2012 AT 6:12 PM

Hello roy I have a 1995 nissan 300zx - non turbo that has 225,000 miles on it. Theres a few things I was wondering about when its running like the idling is rough, and when driving on the road it will rev up and start to shake before switching gears. Its an automatic by the way.

I appreciate it if you could help me figure out what might be the problem