WHERE IS THE DIODE THAT CONTROLS THE IGNITION KEY RELAY IN A 1991 MERCURY CAPRI XR2?

• brandonsfs
  • 1991 Mercury Capri

Car won't start. Have identified all grounds are correct. Customer states he accidentally crossed neg and pos jumper box on terminals. I believe this is how he reversed polarity of the diode. Additionally, 10 amp meter fuse blows every time we turn the ignition. Once again I checked all grounds and components that fuse controls i.E. Cooling fan relay, clutch safety switch, seatbelt timer/buzzer and kickdown reverse switch. I need to know where this diode is so I can replace it because I have ran the necessary steps and followed the flow chart from Mitchell. Com so now I am having to think outside the box.

Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 5:40 PM

• hmac300

If you have access to mitchell I got this off of figure 8 under wiring diagrams. But check these relays as well.

Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 6:15 PM