1991 Mercury Capri

DENMAN1108
  • 1991 MERCURY CAPRI
My capri out of the blue while driving started to misfire. Any ideas what may have caused this?
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 AT 5:03 AM

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?

Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 AT 5:27 AM
DENMAN1108
No check engine light
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 AT 5:34 AM
HOW MUCH?

HOW OFTEN?

ANY HISTORY THAT MAY HAVE LED INTO THIS. PLAYIN' UNDER THE HOOD, JUST FILLED UP, ETC ETC?

Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 AT 5:48 AM
DENMAN1108
No just happened on my way home from work. It was fine before no problems. I haven't doing anything to make it happen
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 AT 6:03 AM
REWIND.

HOW MUCH. HOW OFTEN. CONSTANT?

DRIVING FLAT. PULLING A HILL. OBSERVATIONS. IDLE. OVER THIS SPEED. MINOR. JERKING THE WHOLE CAR AROUND?

HAVE YOU LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD FOR OBVIOUS WIRES DISCONNECTED. CHOPPED UP FELINE, FLOPPED UP IN THERE. FLUID LEVEL CHECKS?

IS IT FELT IN THE ENGINE'S OPERATION. OR ARE YOU HEARING IT, IN A SPECIFIC AREA?

RECENTLY, MY WIFE HAD A SIMILAR ISSUE WITH HER FORD ESCAPE. AFTER MUCH INVESTIGATION, IT TURNED OUT TO BE A BAD COIL PACK. NOT NECESSARILY YOUR PROBLEM, BUT AS YOU SEND INFO, WE CAN SUGGEST THINGS TO TRY OR TEST. IT COULD BE AS SIMPLE AS CLEANING THE MAF OR IAC. NEW AIR FILTER. OR MAYBE YOU HAVE WATER IN YOUR FUEL AND AN ADDITIVE MIGHT HELP

YOU ARE THERE

WE CAN ONLY GO BY. WHAT YOU SEE!

THE MORE DETAILED INFO YOU GIVE. THE BETTER!

EVEN IF I'M LOST WITH IT. THERE ARE MANY MORE EXPERTS HERE, THAT CAN JUMP IN AND POSSIBLY HELP YOU OUT!

YOUR TURN

Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 AT 1:36 PM