CAR WANTS TO START BUT WONT

• jole1987
  • 1991 Mazda RX7

Car wants to start but wont. I have replaced plugs, wiers and fuel injectors. Car gets fier spits and sputters while turning the key but never fully starts. Ran a compression check I have 90 pounds on each side. I have tried the unflooding game many times with this thing. Not sure what the deal is. I crank on it about five times and then pull the plugs and they are wet with what I think is oil and gas. Should I change the oil because it might be to thin from all the flooding or do I have a bigger problem like a seal some where has blown. Its a non turbo B 13 motor. Im not a rotory guy by no means. Got the car from a junk yard for 600 bucks so if I cant save it im droping my ls1 under the hood. Thanks you

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Disconnect the injectors, add a little oil to the vanes and see if it starts. Big issue with flooding.

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 AT 3:01 AM
  • jole1987

What kind of oil and where do I add it at.

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 AT 7:15 PM
  • jole1987

Car is running now all I did was pull start it behind my brothers truck. Now it starts every time. Thanks for the info

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 AT 11:14 PM