Is the Check Engine Light showing?
Did you check for trouble codes?
November, 27, 2012 AT 4:30 PM
Engine light been on for 10 years. There is no plug to pull codes from on this 1991 vehicle
November, 27, 2012 AT 4:41 PM
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT
1. Using jumper wire, ground (Green) 1-pin connector. Connector is located above
right side front wheelwell. See Fig. 1.
2. With ignition on and engine stopped, observe CHECK ENGINE or MIL light. Note trouble codes. Check TROUBLE CODE IDENTIFICATION table for possible cause. If light remains on continuously, MIL light circuit is grounded or ECU is defective. If CHECK ENGINE or MIL light light is not flashing, no codes stored.
NOTE: In addition to displaying computer system malfunction codes (codes only on California models), the CHECK light acts as an emission maintenance warning.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Depress brake pedal for at least 5 seconds. Reconnect battery cable.
2. Ground test connector with jumper wire. Turn ignition on, but do not start engine
for 6 seconds.
3. Start engine and run at 2000 RPM for 2 minutes. Verify no codes are displayed.
November, 27, 2012 AT 4:45 PM
Ah, will follow these directions when I get home and let you know. Thank You!