MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT
1. Using jumper wire, ground (Green) 1-pin connector. Connector is located above
right side front wheelwell. See Fig. 1.
2. With ignition on and engine stopped, observe CHECK ENGINE or MIL light. Note trouble codes. Check TROUBLE CODE IDENTIFICATION table for possible cause. If light remains on continuously, MIL light circuit is grounded or ECU is defective. If CHECK ENGINE or MIL light light is not flashing, no codes stored.
In addition to displaying computer system malfunction codes (codes only on California models), the CHECK light acts as an emission maintenance warning.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Depress brake pedal for at least 5 seconds. Reconnect battery cable.
2. Ground test connector with jumper wire. Turn ignition on, but do not start engine
for 6 seconds.
3. Start engine and run at 2000 RPM for 2 minutes. Verify no codes are displayed.
Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 AT 4:41 PM