I HAVE A BROKEN TRANSFER CASE

1991 Jeep Grand Cherokee

rob50

October, 23, 2011 AT 12:49 PM

I have a 1991 Grand Cherokee with a broken transfer case. Can you use a transfer case from a different model year?

4 Wheel Drive

1 IMAGE

mhpautos

October, 28, 2011 AT 10:32 PM

I would ask this question to a wrecker that specialises in jeep, they will be dealing with this every day, I would have to spend some time checking transfer applications, I will look, but a quick phone call may get a quicker response, if you find out let me know here.

October, 29, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

IMMA CJ KINDA GUY

HAVE A REFERENCE SHOWING 8 DIFFERENT CASES BETWEEN THE YEARS OF '84-'99 FOR A CHEROKEE

DIFFERENCES ARE WITH ENGINE SIZE, AND WHETHER THE VEHICLE IS FULL TIME OR PART TIME 4X4

COMANCHE MJ '86-92 MAY SHARE THE SAME CASE YOU NEED, IF IT HAS THE SAME SYSTEM

THE BEST APPROACH IS TO LOCATE THE TAG ON YOURS AND WRITE DOWN ALL OF IT'S INFO---ALONG WITH THE EXACT NOMENCLATURE AND FEATURES YOURS HAS (TRANSMISSION NUMBERS MAY HELP YOU LOCATE ONE)

AUTO SALVAGE YARDS, ESPECIALLY THE ONES INTERCONNECTED VIA COMPUTER, MAY BE YOUR BEST BET. THEY ALSO HAVE INTERCHANGE BOOKS

AT MINIMUM GO THERE, FIND OUT WHAT RIGS WILL HAVE WHAT YOU NEED----SORTA BOW OUT, AS IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT DOING IT---THEN HIT THE INTERNET WITH "THE TRANSFER CASE ID". NARROW YOUR SEARCH WITH THE INFO FROM THE AUTO SALVAGE YARD.

JEEP'S AND THEIR PARTS DO NOT USUALLY LAST LONG IN A SALVAGE YARD

KEEP US POSTED AS TO HOW IT'S WORKING OUT

October, 29, 2011 AT 12:20 AM

IMMA CJ KINDA GUY

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement