MY CAR HAS A HOLE IN THE RADIATOR SECTION OF THE ENGINE BLOCK.

1991 Geo Metro

milesprower99

August, 27, 2012 AT 7:00 PM

Hello. I have a hole in the coolant intake portion of the engine block. Its about 1 inch long. I was wondering if it is repairable or if I need to replace the block. I am trying J.B. Weld on it to seal the hole. Seems to be working but I keep having to add more and more.

Docfixit

August, 27, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

Could be thermostat housing could you post PIC?

milesprower99

August, 27, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

Well I would have to remove all the JB Weld I put on if you want to see the hole. Or do you just want to see where the hole location is?

Docfixit

August, 27, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

Location

milesprower99

August, 27, 2012 AT 7:35 PM

Ok ill try.

milesprower99

August, 27, 2012 AT 7:58 PM

Ok. Here are the pictures.

Docfixit

August, 27, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

Looks like the bt-pass tube. Is it small metal tube running to intake manifold? If so then by-pass ould need to remove intake to replace

milesprower99

August, 27, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

Oh ok. So I can just replace that part? Where can I go to get one?

milesprower99

August, 27, 2012 AT 8:27 PM

And yes it is.

August, 29, 2012 AT 1:55 AM

DOC,

YOUR 2CARCLIENT POSTED A NEW QUESTION...I'LL MAKE IT EZ FOR YOU TO FIND THEM

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1991-geo-metro-replacement-pipe

I'LL LOOK FOR THE PART TOO....YOU KNOW I'M A CJ FELLER, I MAY NOT HAVE MUCH TO OFFER...I ALWAYS TRY MY BEST

August, 31, 2012 AT 1:19 PM

I JUST GOT THE NOTIFICATION OF ACTIVITY AT THE OTHER POST--I DON'T KNOW WHY I DIDN'T GET IT SOONER

"HE" MISSED A KEY IN THE OTHER POST.I'M SURE THAT "BT" = "BY". BYPASS TUBE!

I COULD NOT FIND NOTHIN' IN MITCHELL I ABOUT THE TUBE AS DESCRIBED AND AS SEEN IN YOUR PIC.I LOOKED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR

AT rockauto. Com I FOUND 3 RUBBER BYPASS "HOSES" AND THE SAME AT A FEW OTHER SITES I LOOKED INTO.I'M SURE THEY DON'T APPLY TO YOUR SITUATION

THE AUTO SALVAGE YARD IS A GREAT PLACE TO LOOK, AT MANY, THE OWNER/ MANAGER REALLY HAS NO IDEA OF WHAT YOU MEAN UNTIL YOU SHOW THEM THE "SELDOM NEEDED" PART

I HAVE A "FRIEND" (NOT MY BEST FRIEND. BUT MORE THAN AN ACQUAINTANCE) WHO OWNS A PRODUCTION ENGINE REBUILDING SHOP. HE HAS DOWN SIZED OVER THE YEARS AND IS NOW LOOKING AT RETIREMENT. HE'S STILL OPEN AND IS A WORLD OF KNOWLEDGE FOR US DUMMIES AROUND HERE AND IS MACHINING AND REBUILDING FOR THE LOCALS

HE'S ONE OF THOSE GUYS THAT CAN TELL YOU EVERY CHANGE AN ENGINE MODEL HAS HAD OVER THE YEARS, TELL YOU EVERY CASTING MARK, AND EVEN IDENTIFY A SET OF HEADS GROWN UP IN KUDZOO FROM 50 YARDS OUT!

THE COOL THING IS, AFTER A LITTLE DIGGING AROUND, HE HAS COME UP WITH JUST ABOUT ANY ODDBALL PART SOMEONE HAS INQUIRED ABOUT. MUCH OF THE TIME IT'S A FREEBIE OR A WHOPPING $5 OR SO!

I THINK THAT THERE IS A FELLER LIKE THIS WITHIN A 50 MILE RADIUS OF EVERYWHERE. ASK THE SALVAGE YARDS AND OTHER MACHINE SHOPS WHERE YOU CAN FIND "YOUR GUY" LIKE THIS

KEEP US POSTED

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter