EXHAUST ON 5.0

1991 Ford Mustang

stormJones

February, 20, 2012 AT 3:30 AM

I bought a 1991 fox body mustang and I figured it would be louder than it is. It has a muffler type deal right before the back axle. I'm wondering if this Is a sound deadener or if all 5.0 have this. It is a dual exhaust system.

February, 20, 2012 AT 3:36 AM

MAYBE IT'S THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER?

THEY KINDA WANT THEM LEFT ON, SORTA THAT "GREEN THING"

stormJones

February, 20, 2012 AT 3:43 AM

The thing is they aren't I have 4 but those look more like a glass pack shape instead of wide. My car isn't loud at all should it be?

stormJones

February, 20, 2012 AT 4:03 AM

Nope nothing like them it looks just like a glass pack but not as long. Have you ever heard of sound deadening mufflers?

February, 20, 2012 AT 4:38 AM

THAT'S SORTA THE DEFINITION OF A MUFFLER---TO DEADEN THE LOUD SOUNDS GENERATED BY THE EXPLOSIONS INSIDE THE ENGINE AS THEY GET ROUTED INTO THE ATMOSPHERE

A REALLY QUIET ONE CAN BE SEEN UNDER THE PASSENGER DOOR OF MY NUMBER TWO JEEP.

ANOTHER OPINION OF MINE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1985-ford-f-250-s-harm-removing-catalytic-converter-muffler-just-running-straigh

WHY DON'T YOU STOP HIM OFF BY A MUFFLER SHOP AND ASK THEM EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO HAVE?

stormJones

February, 20, 2012 AT 4:43 AM

Okay thank you so much for your help.

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus