NEED SOME HELP

1991 Ford F-150

Anonymous

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:10 PM

Need some help.I am trying to find out why both terminals on my coil have power to them.I know 1 is supposed to have power from turning on the switch but isnt the other one for the grounding from the ignition module to create the spark? And the fuel pump is also not engaging. I can hear the relay kick on and off but no pump.I have bought a new coil, have had the ignition module checked, could the pick up coil cause the wire that is running from the ignition module to the terminal on the coil have power to it?

March, 22, 2013 AT 10:10 PM

The negative side will show 12 volts till the ground is complete.

Yes, it can be the pick up as it is a common failure

kennethmason

March, 27, 2013 AT 12:24 AM

Well, I have replaced the pick-up coil in the distributer and still am having troubles with whatever controls the coil to ground.I had the ignition module tested at advance auto. They told me it was working properly. This is the only thing I havnt replaced. Could this module possibly have something wrong with it that wouldnt show on the machine?

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma