OK STILL WOUNT START

1991 Ford Bronco

truckdrivendaddy

May, 27, 2012 AT 2:26 AM

Ok ive replaced coil plugs plug wires ig mod. Pick up coil in the dist. New batterie and still wount fire. Need help please

mhpautos

May, 27, 2012 AT 2:27 AM

Do you have spark at the plugs? Fuel system ok, you have fuel pressure?

truckdrivendaddy

May, 27, 2012 AT 2:47 AM

No spark at plugs and cant figure out why been tracing wsires all weekend have spark from coil to dist but not from dist. To plugs.

truckdrivendaddy

May, 27, 2012 AT 2:48 AM

And the fuel pump kicks on but wount go off now

mhpautos

May, 27, 2012 AT 3:29 AM

If you have spark at the coil lead into the cap and not out, check the rotor and the carbon bush in the top of the cap and also signs of tracking in the cap, these will look like thin pencil lines, this is cracking and carbon build up will case the spark to track to earth and not the plugs. The spark will always earth at the point of least resistance.

truckdrivendaddy

May, 27, 2012 AT 4:27 AM

Ok I checked the cap and the rotor and there both new and there is no tracks so I'm not sure where to go from here.

mhpautos

May, 27, 2012 AT 4:45 AM

If there is a good spark at the end of the coil lead and nothing coming through the cap it must be in the cap or rotor, is the rotor correct? Is the carbon bush ok? It can only be something here.

truckdrivendaddy

May, 28, 2012 AT 9:48 PM

Ok I checked and theres fire from the carbbon to the plugs could I be 180 off on thr firing? If so how do I tell and how do I fix it.

May, 28, 2012 AT 10:29 PM

See below

mhpautos

May, 28, 2012 AT 10:41 PM

Pull #1 spark plug and crank over with coil lead out, put your finger over the spark plug hole feel for compression, then turn by hand untill timing mark is at just befor TDC 5 or 10 Deg will do it, look at rotor and ensure it is pointing to #1 plug lead if not re set dist and ensure firing order is correct, this should be close enough to start and re set timing with a light.

truckdrivendaddy

May, 29, 2012 AT 2:42 AM

Ok it fires but wount stay running and the fuel pump wount shut off when it primes and ive got a small leak in the fuel tank. What now?

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8