DAIHATSU ROCKY WRONGLY FITTED BATTERY

• tezwah
  • 1991 Daihatsu Rocky
  • manual

Hi, in my haste and in the darkness of an early morning I changed batterys but hooked it round wrong way, it smoked a bit no its dead, I checked all fuses inside cabin, they fine as are the 3 leading to battery, it has power to starter motor(i used a test light) and the front lights work but nothing else. Please help!

Monday, June 6th, 2011 AT 10:23 AM

• KHLow2008

One of the main fuses should be bad. Did you use a test light to test the main fuse box underhood and also at the ignition switch?

Ensure the ground cable connection has not been burnt by the high voltage discharge. Use a jumper to connect between the battery negative terminal and engine and retest.

Monday, June 6th, 2011 AT 12:45 PM
  • mhpautos

Do as KH has suggested and I would add to get the alternator tested as you may have a blown diode in the rectifier, this can cause mysterious battery discharge problems and lower that normal charge rates.

Monday, June 6th, 2011 AT 1:16 PM