WHAT WOULD MAKE MY 1991 CHEVY SILVERADO 2500 NOT...

1991 Chevrolet Silverado

dallasprouddaddy2012

March, 19, 2013 AT 1:42 PM

What would make my 1991 chevy silverado 2500 not start? I've literally changed everything but its still not firing up but my friend said I have water in the engine but that should have burnt off by now and I haven't been able to drive it anywhere to have it serviced or anything because it won't start.

March, 19, 2013 AT 3:44 PM

What is litre size of engine? Will the vehicle crank? If gasoline, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs, if you havent already. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. If TBI fuel system, can you see injector spray pattern? Engine cranking.

Have you tried checking for applicable trouble codes? You should be able to check mil codes, yourself.

dallasprouddaddy2012

March, 20, 2013 AT 10:39 AM

The litre size is 5.7L. It'll crank and try to fire but that's all. We already tried the spark plug check it gets perfect fire. It is tbi and it does spray like its supposed to even tho I still replaced the injectors for the h*& $ of it.

March, 20, 2013 AT 4:00 PM

Did you check spark at more than one spark plug? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. Do you have good cylinder compression?

Can you check for codes. Use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at the datalink connector. Turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further. The mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right