MY OIL LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON AND THE GAGE ...

• shessy49
  • 1991 Chevrolet S-10

My oil light keeps coming on and the gage needle drops to almost nothing. Also the "check gages" light keeps flashing! But when I check the oil (dip stick) it tells me it's full and no oil is needed! What could be the problem?

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 AT 5:37 PM

• saturntech9

Thats for the pressure not oil level you have a bad oil pressure sending unit or a oil pressure issue. First thing you need to do is do a oil pressure test when its acting up.

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 AT 5:45 PM
  • shessy49

Thank you. Would you happen to know where I can get such tool to test the oil pressure? Plus, once I have this tool, where on this truck, would I perform this pressure test? Sorry, little knowledge about vehicles. Thank you for your help.

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 AT 6:10 PM
  • saturntech9

Here is a example of what you would check the pressure with.
http://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Transmission-Engine-Pressure-Tester/dp/B0040CW2RI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&;qid=1355336763&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=otc+transmission+pressure+tester
They may even rent the tool at a auto parts store like auto zone.I need to know which engine you have so i can get you the info where the sender is.

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 AT 6:31 PM