Here are the procedures outlined in our database. Hope it is helpful. If you have problem accessing the bolts you would need to gain additional clearances by taking out the engine mounts to lower the engine.
1. Remove hood. Release fuel pressure. Remove battery cables. Drain cooling system and crankcase oil. Remove windshield washer, radiator and heater supply hoses.
2. Disconnect all electrical harness connectors from engine. Remove drive belt. Remove power steering pump and set aside. Remove air-flow duct and air cleaner. Remove cables and hoses from throttle body. Remove ignition coil ground strap.
3. Disconnect fuel lines and vacuum hoses. Disconnect upper engine strut. Raise and support vehicle. Disconnect exhaust pipe. Disconnect engine mount bolts. Disconnect A/C compressor (if equipped) and set aside. Disconnect engine oil cooler lines (if equipped).
4. Remove lower transaxle-to-engine bolts. One bolt is located between transaxle case and engine block and is installed in opposite direction. Remove flexplate cover. Match mark flexplate to torque converter to ensure proper reassembly.
5. Remove flexplate-to-torque converter bolts. Disconnect engine support bracket at transaxle. Lower vehicle. Remove remaining transaxle-to-engine bolts. Remove engine.