I HAVENT HAD ANY ISSUES FOR SOME TIME BUT TODAY ...

1990 Oldsmobile 88

Anonymous

February, 7, 2013 AT 4:41 AM

I haven't had any issues for some time but today my starter was clicking, battery dead, no lights or ignition lights. Alternater replaced recently, good. Starter checked bad and replaced; replaced battery. Can a bad starter bleed (cannible) the battery?

February, 7, 2013 AT 5:45 AM

THE STARTER WILL NOT BLEED THE BATTERY SITTING IDLE WITH THE KEY OFF

SOMETIMES AN ALTERNATOR WILL---AND THERE ARE OTHER THINGS THAT WILL CAUSE A "PARASITIC DRAIN"

.............BUT, MOST OF THE TIME IT'S JUST SOMETHING YOU MISSED OR DID NOT PUT MORE EFFORT INTO!

SEE MY ANSWER IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

DO MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS GOOD (TEST AT AUTO STORE)

....................IF YOUR QUESTION STARTED WITH SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT OF, "MY CAR BATTERY DIES OVERNIGHT, I CHARGE IT AND IT'S FINE ALL DAY LONG---- AND IT'S BEEN DOING THIS FOR SEVERAL DAYS"............I WOULD SUSPECT A PARASITIC DRAIN

SINCE YOURS WON'T CRANK OVER OR BUST OFF AND RUN, IT'S PROBABLY NOT A DRAIN.......WE'LL GO THERE IF WE NEED TO---TRY THE OTHER STUFF TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY 1ST

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide