THE CAR RAN EXCELENT IVE KEPT UP ON THE FLUIDS ...

1990 Nissan Stanza

thewhiteunicorn34f

November, 20, 2012 AT 7:11 PM

The car ran excelent ive kept up on the fluids, thought I had a vapor lock was running rough and wouldnt gain speed very good and shook, it done that for about 2 months off and on I asumed it was a vapor lock seemed to get better after I put gas in and ran it. Then it stalled out wont start ive changed the fuel filter, the spark plugs, I checked to seeif I was getting a saprk, I hear the fuel pump when I switch the car ignition on, I am a single mother and I do not have finances for a garage to look at the car I usually do everything myself but I am at a loss now, it turns over sounds like it wants to start. Any help would be great.I am trying to find the throttle body I have been asking around and I keep hearing that but I can not locate it
thanks valerie

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

November, 20, 2012 AT 7:27 PM

Even if you hear the fuel pump, you should check to see if there is enough pressure to run the vehicle. Also, check to make sure you are getting a good hot, blue snapping spark at the plugs.

thewhiteunicorn34f

November, 20, 2012 AT 7:32 PM

I do have good spark, I don't know how to check the fuel pump like that, I replaced all but one spark plug, its a aluminum head and one of them wouldn't come out im afraid of stripping it.

thewhiteunicorn34f

November, 20, 2012 AT 7:35 PM

To me it seemed as it was getting bad it wsa every couple weeks it would act up then for a week on and off it was like that so I assumed fuel pump also, when I replaced the fuel filter it wsa very black