THE BATTERY DOES NOT FIT IN THE BATTERY BOX

1990 Mercury Marquis

furrypurry

October, 10, 2011 AT 10:31 PM

Battery that came with the car is approx a few months old and won't hold a charge. I'm constantly having to charge it every night. Should I change the battery. I don't have details just got it last week. So not familiar with a regina battery depot battery. It's rather a small battery and doesn't fit on the battery tray. Should I try changing it to a heavier battery

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

saturntech9

October, 10, 2011 AT 10:35 PM

So did you put in a small sealed cell battery? Also have you had the alternator tested yet?

furrypurry

October, 11, 2011 AT 12:24 AM

I don't know what you mean by a sealed battery. It has two covers on the top that if you take them off they show the 6 cells. It is small as it doesn't fit on the tray for the battery and the clamp doesn't fit either because it is too big. No I haven't had the alternator checked I can take it in tomorrow and have it checked. Do you think I should do that or try a bigger battery tonight that a friend is going to put in for me?

saturntech9

October, 11, 2011 AT 1:09 AM

I think you should put the correct size battery and have the alternator tested. Keep me posted on what you find.

furrypurry

October, 11, 2011 AT 1:40 AM

Ok. I will have the correct size battery put in and get the alternator tested. Thanks for your help

saturntech9

October, 11, 2011 AT 4:04 AM

Your welcome thats what were here for. Keep me posted on what you find.

furrypurry

October, 11, 2011 AT 4:56 AM

Ok I will. And thanks again for your advice.

furrypurry

October, 12, 2011 AT 1:25 AM

I took in the car today and the battery was a cheap recycled one. Nothing wrong anywhere else. Alternator fine. So had it replaced with a new heavy duty battery. Oh boy labour these days yipes. Anyway everything else checked out and thanks again for your advice. I appreciated it greatly. Being on my own is hard at times. I took it in to a small garage in the area. So I know everything was done correctly. You have no idea how much I appreciated your advice. God bless you.

saturntech9

October, 12, 2011 AT 1:29 AM

Your welcome thats what were here for glad to hear everything worked out for the best for you.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right