NEW ENGINE IN 1999 REASON FOR LOW MILEAGE

1990 Ford Bronco

Anonymous

November, 9, 2012 AT 2:30 AM

New engine in 1999 reason for low mileage. In 2009, my son changed the oil before moving out of state (his first oil change) and missed taking the old oil gasket off. The vehicle lost oil and stopped running. I had it towed home. I removed the old gasket, installed a new gasket, filter and put oil back in it. I was afraid to start it up again. Then, I became very sick and it's sat the past three years. My question is: Someone told me he thought there was some kind of "shut off" if the engine loses oil, do you know if that's correct? I want to sell the vehicle; but, don't know if that would have severely damaged the engine or not? I'm trying to figure out a fair price to ask. Thanks. Jeene

Oil Leak From Engine

November, 9, 2012 AT 2:44 AM

-Try turning the crankshaft manually 360 degs to verify that the engine is not locked-up-before firing it up-

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla