WILL THE MAP SENSOR CAUSE A TO STALL

1990 Chevrolet Truck

pblack1948

December, 4, 2011 AT 3:05 AM

Truck will start and run for a few seconds then stall

saturntech9

December, 4, 2011 AT 3:07 AM

It sure will have you checked to see what the fuel pressure is?ALso have you checked for codes?

pblack1948

December, 4, 2011 AT 3:12 AM

Fuel pressure is 14 psi the code is 43

saturntech9

December, 4, 2011 AT 3:21 AM

I need more info on your truck to look up info. Like model engine size etc?

pblack1948

December, 4, 2011 AT 3:24 AM

1990 5.7 tbi step side

saturntech9

December, 4, 2011 AT 5:29 AM

The fuel pressure is good code for 43 is electronic spark control signal voltage low that shouldnt cause a no start. Have you checked for injector pluse or power to the fuel injector?

pblack1948

December, 4, 2011 AT 1:56 PM

Haven't done either one of those things. I'm not that knowledgeable about what you're refering to as far where to check. But soundsw like it make sense. This my help you. The batter indicator on the dash haws a low voltage but the battery measures 13.2 volts. Any othere ideas. Thanks for all the info.

saturntech9

December, 4, 2011 AT 3:51 PM

If your talking about your battery light that will stay on untill the engine starts and it gets a charge signal from the alternator. So what lead up to the no start?As far as the injector pluse you would get a gm tbi noid light unplug the injectors and plug in the noid light with the key in the run engine off that light should be off. Also with the engine cranking the light should flash. Thats how you check that. Also with the engine off and the key in the run position one wire to the injectors should have power.

pblack1948

December, 5, 2011 AT 9:03 AM

By the way where is the knock sensor and what does it do?

saturntech9

December, 5, 2011 AT 9:12 PM

A knock sensor is a input on how the engine is running like if its pinging etc and then the computer will adjust the ignition timing to try to correct the pinging.