ONE DAY I PUT ABOUT 15 IN MY TANK WHICH GIVES ME...

• Anonymous
  • 1990 Chevrolet Corsica
  • 110 miles

One day I put about 15$ in my tank which gives me a half tank now I started to drive and about two blocks down my gage wrnt to E now its starting to sputter occasionally and ells like gas. If I keep pumping the gas it stops sputtering and starts to run normal again

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 AT 5:00 AM

• DrCranknWrench

Try replacing the gas cap as it may not be venting right. If it continues have the fuel pressure checked/

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 AT 9:57 AM
  • Ironman1959

I've been running a 1990 Corsica with no gas cap for 5 years. I don't think a cap makes any difference on the older cars.

Saturday, May 18th, 2013 AT 7:18 PM
  • Ironman1959

You couldn't have possibly used 1/2 a tank in 2 blocks. There must be something wrong with your gauge. It's in the tank, I recently replaced the fuel pump on a 1990 Corsica and the float switch/sending unit is mounted in the tank with the pump. I think you may have a problem there.

Saturday, May 18th, 2013 AT 7:23 PM
  • Ironman1959

If you smell fuel you could have a massive leak, but using 1/2 tank in 2 blocks. Impossible.

Saturday, May 18th, 2013 AT 7:25 PM
  • DrCranknWrench

I would tend to agree with the sticking gas float for the gauge. It is probabbly sticking but that does not explain the sputtering. It could be the fuel pump. Have the fuel pressure checked.

Thursday, June 20th, 2013 AT 3:56 PM