WHERE DO ALL OF THE SPEAKER WIRES RUN INTO ON A

1990 Cadillac Brougham

jwgroff05

June, 11, 2012 AT 2:49 AM

I am looking at installing a system in my car and I bougt an alpine head unit for my car. They do not make an aftermarket wiring harness for my headunit. I have checked all around and they do not exist. The OEM radio was a delco unit and it plugged into 2 different connectors. What I am wondering is is where do the speaker wires run into so I can splice into them and hook the speaker wires up into my CD player?

June, 11, 2012 AT 3:24 AM

HOW 'BOUT THIS?

CAN YOU READ IT?

jwgroff05

June, 12, 2012 AT 1:45 AM

Can you tell me where the receiver is located and how to get to it? Im trying to find it but I cannot locate it.

June, 12, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

I LOOKED ALL THRU COMPONENT LOCATIONS---I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING RELATED.

MAYBE A CALL TO AN AUTO SALVAGE YARD COULD SHED LIGHT ON THE LOCATION? IF ONE IS IN THE YARD, THIS MIGHT REVEAL HOW TO GET TO IT EZily.

SORRY THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN MUCH HELP

cadieman

June, 12, 2012 AT 2:52 PM

Try looking under the r/side under dash panel. Its a metal box. If u can find the ant. Line follow it to the reciver where the wires are. The unit in the dash is just a contol head.

jwgroff05

June, 12, 2012 AT 4:22 PM

That diagram shows there is one somewhere in the car since it shows the headunit and the receiver so it exists somewhere but where? Ive read its on the left side of the dash beside the instrument panel?

jwgroff05

June, 12, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

I pulled my glove box out and saw two silver boxes one was a PCM and the other I believe was the receiver. If its not there where else could it be or do you know who I could talk to and see if they know where it's at

June, 12, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

DO THE WIRE COLORS AND NUMBERS OF THEM MATCH UP?

jwgroff05

June, 13, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

That's the thing I didn't find that receiver and it's hard to trace wires without ripping stuff apart. But also is that receiver behind the right power control mirror located by the climate control?

cadieman

June, 14, 2012 AT 5:11 PM

Find a the ant. Coax line coming through r/f fire wall. Then follow it to the reciever.

jwgroff05

June, 16, 2012 AT 5:04 PM

Got it figures out thanks

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic