NO LONGER HAVE DASHBOARD ILLUMINATION

• GeminiII
  • 1990 Cadillac Allante

My Question Is, Why After Changing The Motor Do No Longer Have Dashboard Illumination Headlight. Interior Lights. Brake Lights. Etc. Everything Else Works.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Check all connections under the hood at the power distribution box. Make sure no body grounds are disconnected.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 5:49 PM
  • cadieman

Check all the under hood maxi. Fuses and all console fuses. If its reading system problem its the info center. Youll have to swap the radio assy. Into the rebuilt info panel. Only the dealer can scan the computer now.

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 AT 1:50 AM
  • josephdavis

I eventually had to give it to an old school mechanic who, after (6) weeks of checking everything, found a power supply up in the right side of the dashboard that had failed. All power to everything came back online. The motor replacement guy was a moron who cost me 1200 smackers to repair his screw up! I had to replace a blown radio as well. Now I have to find the money to get the car painted. Moral of story, find a good mechanic you can trust and leave the fly by night general repair shops alone.

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 AT 8:43 PM
  • cadieman

Congradz to u.

Friday, September 21st, 2012 AT 11:05 PM