NO LONGER HAVE DASHBOARD ILLUMINATION

1990 Cadillac Allante

GeminiII

April, 28, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

My Question Is, Why After Changing The Motor Do No Longer Have Dashboard Illumination Headlight. Interior Lights. Brake Lights. Etc. Everything Else Works.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 28, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

Check all connections under the hood at the power distribution box. Make sure no body grounds are disconnected.

cadieman

April, 29, 2012 AT 1:50 AM

Check all the under hood maxi. Fuses and all console fuses. If its reading system problem its the info center. Youll have to swap the radio assy. Into the rebuilt info panel. Only the dealer can scan the computer now.

josephdavis

September, 20, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

I eventually had to give it to an old school mechanic who, after (6) weeks of checking everything, found a power supply up in the right side of the dashboard that had failed. All power to everything came back online. The motor replacement guy was a moron who cost me 1200 smackers to repair his screw up! I had to replace a blown radio as well. Now I have to find the money to get the car painted. Moral of story, find a good mechanic you can trust and leave the fly by night general repair shops alone.

cadieman

September, 21, 2012 AT 11:05 PM

Congradz to u.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement