JERKING WHILE COASTING

• blablablabla38
  • 1990 Buick Century
  • 200 miles

My car****** while im coasting sometimes when mantaning speed depending on how fast im going (it****** bout every 3 secs.) If I switch to neutral it stops. To me it kinda sounds like its attempting to died. Ive changed the mass air flow sensor. Witch was bad

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 7:34 PM

• hmac300

Check fuel pressure which shold be no lower than 40psi. Clean the throttle plate and iac valve hole with choke cleaner. Do this with engine off. It will start hard after doing this.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 7:40 PM
  • blablablabla38

So if my fuel pressure is lower than 40 would you stay the best thing to change would be the fuel filter

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 7:45 PM
  • hmac300

Actually no the best thing would be to replace the fuel pump and filter. The pump is probably going bad.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 7:46 PM
  • blablablabla38

Also I belive the hiccups get worse when im low on gas

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 7:47 PM
  • blablablabla38

I got told by one of my friend a mecanic that it might be a motor mount is that a posability

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 8:41 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Chances are hmac is correct with the fuel pump. A motor mount could cause it, but it's unlikely. You are most likely to feel a clunk when placing it in gear.

Saturday, October 1st, 2011 AT 1:44 AM
  • blablablabla38

It does it after its already in gear. I beleve it does it with all the gears. Could the oxgen sensor be any problems to this becasue I know thats why my check engin lights on

Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 12:52 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

It could because it tells the computer how rich or lean to make the fuel mixture. If you have had the computer scanned, let me know the codes you found.

Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 3:52 AM
  • blablablabla38

Ive had the little key inserted in the computer connector and code 33 shows up its the maf. Ive used a light up tester on the maf connector while the car was on and none of the wires have any juice on them. Would you be able to get me the wireing diagram?

Saturday, October 8th, 2011 AT 11:38 PM
  • hmac300

I've sent two charts, one shows howit's wired and second chart shows how to check it. Chekc your ecm fuse in the fuse box first though as that is where it gets it 's power

Sunday, October 9th, 2011 AT 12:40 AM